A Mindfulness and Movement Program for Self-Management Using Movement and Mindfulness Strategies to Support Sensory Needs & Developmental Continuum of Sensory Supports.
When is it?
- Wednesday, March 14th from 12:30-3:30pm
Where is it?
- Miami Valley Regional Center 4801 Springfield Street, Dayton, OH 45431 in Room 300
Who should attend?
- Educators interested in learning strategies for self-regulation instruction including occupational therapists, intervention specialists, counselors, special education directors, and paraprofessionals.
What should participants expect?
- Self-regulation is a critical skill for any individual to learn to achieve personal dreams and reach desired goals. Unfortunately, self-regulation can be a challenging skill to learn if it does not develop naturally. This session will explore the developmental continuum of self-regulation instruction for improved success in teaching this complex skill. Attendees will have an opportunity to create a self-regulation support plan for an individual based upon age and developmental level. Attendees will also learn strategies for improved transfer and generalization of self-regulation skills.
How much does it cost to attend?
- The cost is FREE to all districts who have already signed up for Miami Valley Autism Coaching Team services for the 2017-2018 school year.
How do I sign up?
- Contact our secretary Mary Fryman at firstname.lastname@example.org or (937) 236-9965 to register.