Twice Exceptional: Serving Gifted Students with High Functioning Autism and Social Deficits
When is it?
- Monday, October 23rd from 9:00am-3:00pm
Who should attend?
- Intervention Specialists and General Education Teachers working with students with High Functioning Autism and/or Gifted Students and Special Education Directors
What should participants expect?
- In this session, Lisa Combs will review the unique characteristics and needs of the "twice exceptional" learner, who is both gifted *and* identified as being on the autism spectrum. The session will also provide guidance and a strength-based planning template to support the unique academic, social and behavioral needs of this challenging subgroup of students.
How much does it cost to attend?
- The cost is FREE to all districts who have already signed up for Miami Valley Autism Coaching Team services for the 2017-2018 school year.
How do I sign up?
- Contact our secretary Mary Fryman at email@example.com or (937) 236-9965 to register